hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

vow.8 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.


We had a Round Table Discussion at my Bible study a few nights ago. The question posed to my table was this: What is God to you? This is a tough one to answer in three words; He is so many things!

The truth is, He may be one thing to you at one moment and flip to something else the next. It all depends on what you need. What you ask for. In any given hour of the day, I have been known to ask Him for patience, strength, endurance, calmness, comfort, assurance, guidance, and alertness. Unlike most people (or any one for that matter) He is flexible and can change at a moment’s notice. Actually, He doesn’t even need a fair warning notice as He already knows our needs before we ask for them. He still wants to be asked, though. He longs to be needed. It brings Him joy to provide for you. To provide for me.

I took 2 minutes to write out the first 10 things that came to mind when I think about what He is to me:

He is Comfort
He is Refuge
He is Counselor
He is Protector
He is Disciplinarian
He is Daddy
He is Strength
He is All-Knowing
He is Provider
He is my Foundation.

Today I need comfort. Comfort in knowing that I am in His will; comfort that I am carrying out the life and tasks that He has planned for me. I have felt unsettled for a while now. I am confident that I am where He wants me in various situations, but don’t always enjoy it. My prayer is that He provides me with a comfort and peace that only He can provide.

What do you need Him to be for you this week? Today? Right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment