hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

vow7. Lamentations 3:21-23

Lamentations 3:21-23

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Well thank goodness that His mercies are new every morning! I need them about every hour I suppose.

No matter how hard you strive to be obedient to God, you will stumble, back-track, and even veer away from the path He wants for your life. But this verse gives us hope; we can know that NO MATTER what we do, He, Abba-Father, will never stop covering us with His grace, mercy, and compassion. Whew! Covering mine alone is a hard day's work (plus overtime), but His mercies are new and endless for EVERYONE.

You know me, I cannot end this post without a song to put into your heads! Many of you know it without me even writing it out, I'm sure. From the Baptist Hymnal, I present to you Hymn #216, 'Great is Thy Faithfulness':


Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain
-William M. Runyan, 1923


No comments:

Post a Comment