hot bliggity blog 267

Thursday, March 8, 2012

pintradiction

Source: sstorywindow.blogspot.com
via Ellen on Pinterest
Hello.

My name is Ellen and I'm a Pinaholic.

Whew.  

That feels good to get that off my chest.

Pinterest.

My sister told me about Pinterest a while back; she even put together a 'How To Get Started' that she emailed me on September 22, 2011.  But I forgot about it; clearly I had no idea what I was missing out on.  Over Christmas, she showed me one of her Boards and I thought it was the coolest thing; she reminded me of the 'How To' and promised me that I would love pinning.  The idea sounded great but eventually forgot about it again even though I had aninkling of what I was missing out on.  About a month later I began noticing these little 'PinIt' buttons littering every single website and blog that I visited.  So, I typed in the url and proceeded to sign in.  But this is Pinterest.  You cannot merely sign up for a Pinterest account, no.  One must ask to beconsidered and then wait patiently for an invitation.  On January 11, 2012, this showed up in my inbox:

Hi!
 Thanks for joining the Pinterest waiting list. We'll be sure to send you an invite soon.
 In the meantime, you can follow us on Twitter. You can also explore a few pins. 
We're excited to get you pinning soon!


- Ben and the Pinterest Team
To say I was shocked, angry, and put-out by this discovery would be quite the understatement.  I mean, this is me, Ellen; lover/creator/bedazzler/buyer/adorner of all things pretty, shiny, sparkly, and uber-colorful.  Are they going to do an image background check of my life to determine my worthiness of an invitation?





Source: someecards.com via Ellen on Pinterest











According to my emails, Ben sent me a formal invitation on January 14, 2012.  Still upset about this seemingly unnecessary and possibly invasive step in the process I ignored the invitation.  Apparently I ignored it for more than a month as my 'Welcome to Pinterest' email is dated February 19, 2012.  It seems I have a problem with forgiveness.

Source: iwastesomuchtime.com via Ellen on Pinterest
Well, all has been forgiven now [but obviously not forgotten-I would appreciate your prayers] 110% and in 18 days since receiving my acceptance letter I have become a Royal Pinning Monster.  My stats:

30 Boards · 1060 Pins · 318 Likes
That's including the 24-hour hiatus I took yesterday after receiving this Facebook post from my dear, sweet sister:
Emily
Tuesday 

you are seriously blowing up my pinterest wall. i think i need to stage an intervention.
Or a 'Pintervention' as my wonderful friend, Roxanne, commented on the post.


Source: imgfave.com via Ellen
on Pinterest
Jeff is also getting used to the change in our lives since Pinterest.  He sat and watched over my shoulder a couple of nights ago.  After 4 minutes' observation he began the following exchange:
'You pin at an astronomical rate.'   
'Are you kidding?  This thing actually keeps up with my brain...I pin now and return later...although I have yet to go back and actually look at things.' 
Thoughtful silence from the Engineer.  
'I also need to organize boards...they are getting out of control...another day...' 



Source: Uploaded by user via Ellen on Pinterest

I pin when my alarm goes of in the morning.

I pin on my way to work [at red lights and trains crossing!].

I pin while my computer is starting up.

I pin while I'm on the phone.

I would pin in the shower if I had one of those waterproof cases for my phone; how far away is Christmas?!

I think it's time I get back to pinning...

Happy Pinning!
- Ellen and the Pinterest Addicts








No comments:

Post a Comment