hot bliggity blog 267

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

an honest, real life example of hope

'I believe that in order to LIVE what I have been delivered to I must REMEMBER what I have been delivered from.'
-Gay Tuttle 
I love me some Beth Moore.

I love her spirit, honesty, and transparency.

I love the way scripture JuMPs off of the page when she reads verses aloud.

I want to follow her example of loving God, loving people, and ministering to girls/ladies.

I want to soak up her energy, passion for God, and teachings.

I admire her leadership skills, her willingness to serve, and how she carries out a plan of attack.

She is a 'Go get'em' kind of girl.

But behind every 'Go get'em' kind of girl stands an even bigger, even more so 'Go get'em' kind of God.

Without Him Beth has everything nothing.

Without Him I have nothing.

All I can do is all I am required to do: bring Him my all.  I must hand over this life that He has given me and watch in amazement as His Go Get'em-ness funnels through me, making me a Go Get'em kind of girl.

It's not easy.  Often times it's not even fun.  But, oh, is it worth it.

Beth has been hosting her sister Gay's life story over on Living Proof Ministries' blog.  I highly encourage you to check it out.  It is a story of hope.  One of temptation.  Addiction.  Struggle.  Redemption.  Promise.  Encouragement.  Tears.  Laughter.  If you've never experienced at least one of these I daresay you must not be human.

Please click here [Meet My Sister] for the first of about 7 installments of her story.  If I do not link up to the remaining installments in future posts you can find them very easily on LPM's blog.  And you should.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment