hot bliggity blog 267

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

vow16. Romans 8:11, 19, 24-25, 28

Romans 8:11, 19, 24-25, 28 (NIV)

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
***He is a God who can do BIG things.  Why do we second guess Him?  He can handle both small & large problems.
19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.
***To 'Eagerly Expect' means to 'Hope with certainty'
***Ask yourself: When is the last time I EAGERLY EXPECTED Him to do something?  He is ALWAYS moving and ALWAYS working.  We are SUPPOSED to EAGERLY EXPECT Him to move and work.  NOT expecting Him to move and work is selling Him short.
24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. 
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
***Good works does not earn you salvation--Bad works cannot take salvation away.

This past Sunday's Bible Study lesson was over Romans 8.  There is so much good stuff in Romans; I don't
know that I could ever tire of studying the book.  Above, I interjected some of the notes that I jotted down while going through the lesson.

Have you ever been in a Bible study where the teacher, leader, participant says EXACTLY what you need to hear?  Have you ever thought 'There is no way anyone else in the room is getting this as much as me'?  I frequently feel this way.  It never ceases to amaze me when God delivers.  Literally.  Which brings us back to the verses at hand:  The Lord Almighty is a God who delivers.

I have been praying over a certain situation for the past few weeks, hoping that God will come through for me.  This Sunday, however, I realized that I have been selling God short as I have simply been hoping that He will move and work the way that only He can.  I now know that I need to eagerly expect or hope with a certainty that He will provide, move, and work.  Because He can!

I went on an early morning walk today [as seen in the photo above].  As I looked up at the cloudless, bright blue sky and breathed in the fresh, crisp air I was quickly reminded of how great our God is indeed.  I know God can do big things.  I am now expecting Him to do big things.  And I know that He will rise to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment