hot bliggity blog 267

Friday, April 22, 2011

i came to dance my shoes off!

I had the privilege of being part of an

AMAZING event last week:

Dance Your Shoes Off!


Seriously.

It.

Was.

Awesome.

This church sponsored event wrapped witnessing, testimony, community, and missions all into one GIANT song and dance for the Lord. I have no idea how long this project took to prepare for on the administrative side but I do know that every single ounce of work and effort put in to making it a success was rewarded ten-fold.

Denise, Me & Heather

The purpose of Dance Your Shoes Off! was to proclaim the resurrection of Jesus Christ in a powerful and celebratory way. Additionally, each participant left a new pair of shoes on the field for those in need. These shoes will be given to local mission agencies, including Star of Hope, individuals all across the world through our mission partners and mission trips.

To prepare for the dance, mandatory and optional practices were scheduled all during the month leading up to D-Day. At the mandatory practice, you were assigned a position number [like mine: O5] and a wristband that served as your free parking ticket, position holder, and reminder to pray for the event and the impact that it would have on the community.

Julie, Me, Joseph, Cassie & Heather

As mentioned above, part of the Resurrection Dance included leaving a new pair of shoes on the field to give to someone in need. About 2000 pairs of shoes were donated that day!



Two of my first friends at my home church. I met both Jill and Lauren on my first visit to a Sunday School class and they are both part of the reason that I returned the next Sunday I was in town (5 weeks later!). Both remembered my name and face when I walked through the doors again making me feel so special and welcomed. It’s crazy how something as simple as remembering a name can mean to someone. Why then do we so rarely take the time to do so? Unfortunately the class that I was a part of with Jill and Lauren ended last year and we have all gone separate ways but we try to stay caught up with each other as best we can.

Jill, Me & Lauren

I am amazed/thankful/wowed/blessed every single day at the number of meaningful friendships that I have made with some of the wonderful people that are here within our church family. And in a relatively short time frame, too!

Lindsay, Me & Amanda

I frequently see many of the high & junior school girls that I spent weeks getting to know last summer. It’s always neat to chat with them for a little bit, tell them they’ve grown another foot, and hear about the latest crisis that is the life of a teenage girl. [Man, I’m sounding old!] These girls hold a special place in my heart as I have [just recently!] turned that chapter in my book and recognize the importance and need for the presence of us [slightly] older girls who are strongly rooted in our faith in their lives.




The Resurrection Dance!


The field was absolutely beautiful! Like a giant Easter egg basket exploding with the brightest and shiniest eggs you could find, Discovery Green has never looked or experienced anything like it. I am so thankful that God created so many beautiful colors for us to enjoy and for designing us to appreciate them. I for one would not enjoy a world without color.


Rise Up! was commissioned by our church and written, recorded, and produced by Josh Moore, Lauren Camey ,and Jonathon Camey for this event.


The sight of 2000+ pairs of shoes left on the field to donate was extremely moving. I am thankful to our church for providing us this opportunity and unique way to serve our community and praise our Lord and Savior.


Click the link below to watch and listen to The Resurrection Dance & Song!



As I’m writing this, my cousin in Ohio just posted on my Facebook wall that she just saw this video played on Fox News. How cool is that?!

All Glory and Praise to God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment