hot bliggity blog 267

Friday, June 10, 2011

br11 day3: where did all the people go?!

day 3.
Welp, this one is even later than before, huh?! Unfortunately I seem to have passed on the bug to one of my girls. I could tell she wasn't feeling well but wouldn't admit it to me last night but then when she refused her Pop-Tart and drink this morning, I knew something was wrong. She also spent an hour on the bathroom floor :( so, a lot of this day has been taking care of her, cleaning the condo and trying to FINISH my One-on-ones.

today's highlight.
Because I could trust my girls I was able to take a nap this afternoon to sleep off the rest of this awful virus. I woke up not only feeling much better but also found a clean kitchen, everything as it was before I dropped off, and no sign of any boys! Getting sick was the last thing I wanted this week but I am thankful to have a condo of mature young girls that made recovery possible.

special verse.
'So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.'

Colossians 3:12-13
my girls.
The girls have been so patient with me today. I was moving and functioning at about 27% all morning and afternoon; they have understood and not gotten frustrated with my less-than-fun attitude and demeanor

tonight's message.
Wednesday night worship is always a little different at beach retreat and last night was no different: the Jump Team did an amazing, 10 minute performance that featured all five campuses and all of the youth pastors. It was awesome! The band led us in a wonderful praise and worship session...the one that I keep singing in my head goes like this:
'Oh, I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms,
The riches of you love will always be enough....'
There was paint, there was laughter, there was testimony, there was rejoicing, there were mimes. And so much more! You would have to see it to believe it!

praise.
me.  I have gone from about 27% to 94% today. Thankfully it is a short bug and doesn't take everything out of you or prevent you from being able to carry on after several hours of rest.

please pray.
students, leaders, & staff. We are all dropping like flies due to dehydration &/or a stomach bug. (I think I heard 300 illnesses?!)
our hearts. Tomorrow night is the baptism service; a lot of decisions will be made tonight. Please pray for everyone's hearts that they may receive the message that God is specifically telling them.

coolest moment.
During one of my One-on-one's my eyes were opened to how much stress is present in these young, sweet girls' lives. My wheels started turning as to ideas and how I can continue to reach out to them after we return home. Yes, Dr. Young, I have a plan for when I get off the bus on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment