hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

vow5. Psalm 37:4 & Matthew 7:7-8

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
I had to go with two verses this week as they go hand and hand with where I am in life at this point. For several months I have been asking God to reveal to me why I am in the place in life that I am. If you had asked me 10 years ago, I would never in my wildest dreams have said that I would be where I am today. But praise God for that! Obviously He knows what’s up and what’s best for me, even though it is sometimes a tough pill to swallow. I have taken courage in the fact that He has always and will always be there for me, blessing me every minute of the day.

But, there are still many things that I want in my life; desires if you will. I don’t want to live my life as one big, giant check-list but there are some things that I hope are in my life’s story: I would love a family of my own, a job/career that I am passionate about, a home of my own to create memories in, and so many other things that I have always dreamed about. Maybe these things are still in my future, maybe they aren’t. I just pray that if they are not God’s will for me that He will remove these desires from my heart and change my desires to match what He has planned for me.

So, as it says in Matthew 7, I will continue to ASK God to reveal to me His purpose for where He has me and show me who I am to be a witness and light to. I will continue to SEEK His will for me, praying that I do not stray from His path. I will continue to KNOCK at His door, opening every day in prayer and asking Him to guide my footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment