hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

vow15. Psalm 139:13-17

Psalm 139:13-17 (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
I suppose I should post the entire Psalm in this verse-of-the-week post; it is that good.  But if I were to do that I suppose I would have to post the entire Book of Psalms because it too is that good.  Of course then I would feel that I need to post the entire Bible because, well, you get the idea!  [Sounds like an 'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie' Complex. Ha!]

But seriously, this is a beautiful Psalm that-like all of the others-will speak to you and touch you in so many different ways.  No matter your circumstance or lifestance, God will speak through it if you open your heart to hear.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Do you know that you are wonderful?  And wonderfully made at that?  Sometimes I wonder about myself and unfortunately too quick to forget that God made me this way for a specific reason and purpose.  This is not to say that we can let ourselves go; we must do our best with the means and circumstances that God has placed around us.  God makes no mistakes.
16b all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
This says to me that God does have the green dotted path that I have always longed to have guiding my way. Ever since I saw that Fidelity commercial I have looked for my very own green line.  Having my path drawn out and laid before me seems like it would be a whole lot easier than letting me make my own decisions and mistakes, going where I think-ahem, more like where I want-it to go.

But we are not given a dotted green line neatly labeled with life's pit-stops of heartache, disappointment, and screw ups.   If we did, we would rarely have reason to need Him; we have to rely on and trust in Him, seeking His guidance and grace all the time.

Where are you right now?  If you're searching for a green dotted line I'm here to tell you that it will NOT BE SHOWING UP.  Unfortunately I have looked for it on more than one occasion.

Seek Him and He will make those invisible green dotted paths straight [Proverbs 3:6]

No comments:

Post a Comment