hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

football, greyhounds and junk

I spent most of my weekend with my special friend, Traci, her husband, and family. She and I go way back and I love her to death. (Even though she introduced me to a friend this weekend and said, ‘We have been friends for too long.’ Ha!)


On Friday night we headed out to Adam’s football game (he coaches the defense); I got to ride there with the Water Boy! Traci’s nephew, Henry, is one of the water boy’s for the team. All I could think was how much less Coke 0 I would drink if I had a water boy to follow me around all day!


I thought ringing obnoxious cowbells was just a Mississippi State thing, but apparently not! Traci had all the fixings to make my very own cowbell for the game. Look how cute it turned out! Unfortunately it did not look so cute by the end of the game; mine, of course, ended up broken on the track. That didn’t stop me, though. I quickly downloaded an MSU cowbell app (don’t tell my dad!!!) and was able to participate in the raucous for the remainder of the game. Ha!


After the game we sped home (well, it’s debatable how fast we were actually going; the speedometer was broken!), got into bed as soon as we could and slept ‘fast’ for 2.5 hours. For some crazy, hair-brained reason we decided it would be a good idea to join a bunch of ladies (elementary school teachers!) on a bus at 4:00 a.m. for a day trip to Canton. Oh my! I can only imagine what was going through Adam’s head when he dropped us off at the Greyhound; I love to shop, but 4:00 AM?!?!?!?!?!

4 hours and 52 women later we arrived at Canton with our shopping carts wheeling. It was an awesome day. We walked around Canton for about 8 hours taking in all that we couldn’t afford and getting ideas for the day when we can. Ha!

I got a few little things, mostly stocking stuffers and Christmas gifts. It’s hard to believe it’s already time to start thinking about Christmas gifts and decorations!!! I feel like I just packed up my tree from last year!

A few things I LOVED:

I am so into over-sized, silver flowers right now. I especially like the cube z's and the added dimension; it reminds me of the rose from The Beauty and The Beast!








I thought this chest of drawers was SOOOOO cute! They had several pieces painted to match this set. I'm thinkin' I have chest that is already black; adding zebra stripes wouldn't be too hard!!!

This sign is too PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment