hot bliggity blog 267

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Spring!

I'm starting to wonder how in the world I ever had time for a full-time job.  I've been unemployed for 2 months now and I have packed--literally--the days to their maximum capacity.  I am the type of person who ALWAYS has To-Do Lists.  Lists.  Big lists.  Small lists.  Unnecessary lists.  Lists of books to read.  Lists of topics to blog about.  Lists of people to call.  Lists of things I need to buy--often paired with the list of things to return.  Lists of my lists.  And why does it seem that the longer your lists, the longer it takes to get to them?  Let alone do them.  Things are always popping up--the entire house needs CLEANING OUT, engagements, allergies, they found your size but it's in the store that is 150+ miles from where you live.  You know how it goes.  But there really isn't anything you can do about it.

So, you proceed to help your Mom clean out the house, finding and reminiscing over the stove top ceramic eye-covers that you used back in 1992 and the American Girl doll that the American Girl Store does not make anymore.

You accept the ring...and the guy ;) and the planning...and the pictures...and the flowers...and the oh, dear, it looks like one list just gave birth to another list.

You go to Sam's and buy the largest bottle of Zyrtec they have to offer.  From now until May you'll be popping them daily and it's always a good idea to carry extras for your friends.

You go home and search the stores's inventory from you own computer because who would believe that your size does not exist in ANY of the seven stores that are located within 20 miles of your home.  This is really frustrating if you live a stone's throw away from a great mall like Emily and I do.  But it happens.  And more often than you would think.  For instance: just this week we stopped in the nearest Fossil store to have a new battery put in Jeff's watch.  When we went back to pick it up the clerk informed me that unfortunately they did not have the required size in stock but another store might have it.  When she asked me if there wasn't a store any closer to my house I replied with, 'I live behind the grocery store' (literally across the street).  And then I wanted to ask 'Why would you ask me that anyway?'  Like I just up and decided that it would be fun to drive all the way across the city to come visit your store.  Gas is expensive, people.

All the while you are supposed to actively seeking employment, going through old work files, finishing up projects that you started in 2010, and the like.

Anyway, Spring is almost here!  Well, technically it's almost here.  Spring arrived a few days before Christmas for those of us who hug the I-10 service roads.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment