hot bliggity blog 267

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

br11 day1: and everyone's still standing

day 1.
24 hours have past and we are all [my girls] still in one piece! Unfortunately I cannot say the same for everyone here. ha! I'm going to do my best to post a recap of everyday to let you know of praises and things that I would ask you to pray for.

today's highlight.
It's only day 1 and already my girls are opening up to me. They have all be so sweet, respectful and we've have had no problems! This is a huge answer to prayer. They are also so worn out that they beat me to bed last night!!!! What a blessing!

special verse.
'What does man gain from all his labor
at which he toils under the sun?
Generations come and generations,
but the earth remains forever.'

Ecclesiastes 1:3-4
my girls.
I know that each on of the girls in my condo has been placed under my leadership for a reason--I pray that I may step aside so that God can work through me and fulfill His will & reasons.

tonight's message.
Change can happen *CLAP*, just like that! By the power of Jesus Christ we can change just like THAT!

praise.
I had life guard duty during today's free time and am happy to report zero injuries and zero lives lost!!! Now I'm free the rest of my week to spend time with the girls.

please pray.
me. That I will be open and ready to receive what God is waiting to teach me
Bayli.  Bless her hear, she is allergic to something in our condo; her eye swelled up real bad last night. And if you remember, this has happened to me quite a bit lately and, thankfully, was fully prepared with drops and meds. We saw the nurse this morning and she is continuing to monitor it.
One-on-one's. A 45-60 min uninterrupted segment of time that is devoted to each and every girl in my condo. Please pray that God will give me the words to say, the ear and heart to listen, and the transparency and openness of each girl.


oddest moment.
One of the youth pastor's wives asked me to hit on her husband. I can honestly say that I didn't see that one coming. Ha! This bodes explanation, I know! Apparently he lost his wedding ring on the beach earlier today and she has been giving him a hard time all day. She got him back last night at the putt-putt and go karts place we went to last night: she got off the roller coaster and then gave her ring to another lady to hold while she went to hysterically tell her husband that she lost her ring while riding the roller coaster. I didn't see it, but she said that he got excited that they both lost their rings on the SAME day lol. Like it was a symbol of sticking together or something. She also wanted to have someone [that he would not know or recognize] to go flirt with him and point out that I noticed he wasn't wearing a ring. I don't know whether to be embarrassed or honored that I was the first person who came to mind. Ha!

See you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment